Awards and accolades
Awards from previous years
- We were named the nation’s most ‘in demand’ university after influential sector magazine Times Higher Education (THE) published a table of top performing universities. Read more
- Our Business School was awarded Platinum Approval for its accountancy professional development degree courses by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountacts (ACCA).
- We received the Bronze EcoCampus Award for our commitment to addressing key issues of environmental sustainability. Read more
- We won a prestigious Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Award for running the best campaign for recruiting students. Read more
- Our commitment to the wellbeing of our staff was recognised with a commendation by the Birmingham Best Business Awards for the Development of Work Life Balance. Read more
- Our work with Birmingham City Council’s Urban Design team to help develop individuals through training and creating job opportunities resulted in a prestigious award. Read more
- A Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) between a Black Country business specialising in the design of melting furnaces and Birmingham City University was awarded the highest national accolade. Read more
- One of our media experts, lecturer Paul Bradshaw, was named in a list of the 50 most powerful people in Birmingham. Read more
- A booming small firm and innovation partner of Birmingham City University has scooped a prestigious Lord Stafford award after developing a revolutionary device to help families better protect their homes from flooding. Read more
- We are one of a very small number of UK universities with Ofsted ‘Grade One: Outstanding’ scores for both primary and secondary teacher training. In addition, the Training and Development Agency (TDA) awarded our primary and secondary teacher training its highest grade – a Category ‘A’.