Students from the UAE regularly study at Birmingham City University with a scholarship or sponsorship from their home country. We have previously had students studying with scholarships from various organisations from the UAE including Ministries, Abu Dhabi Police Force and ADNOC to name a few.
For further information please contact BCU’s International Regional Manager Mr Robert Hurlbutt.
If you are an employee of ADNOC and are seeking to study with BCU please see the Partnerships tab of this page. Alternatively you can contact the International Regional Manager.
Al Ghurair University (AGU)
Birmingham City University offers a variety of courses with AGU including Dual Masters degrees. For more information about studying with Birmingham City University and AGU please see the Partnerships tab of this page. Alternatively you can contact the International Regional Manager.
UAE and Birmingham City University
We have many students from the UAE studying at Birmingham City University on some of our most popular programmes including ACCA, BEng/MEng Engineering and MSc Internal Audit Management and Consultancy.
Birmingham is a popular study destination for students from the Middle East region and has many of your home comforts including mosques, halal supermarkets and restaurants and a very active Islamic Society in our Students Union. Birmingham has its very own international airport which is located a 10 minute train journey from our City Centre Campus. Modern, safe and perfectly located on-campus accommodation is available to all international students on a first-come, first-served basis. .
BCU’s International Regional Manager Mr Robert Hurlbutt. understands the study needs of Emirati students and would be happy to answer any questions you may have about studying here. We also have growing partnerships in your home country, please see the Partners tab for more information.
IDP - Abu Dhabi
- Ravi Chand
- Union National Bank Builkding
- 1802 Airport Road
- Abu Dhabi
- Phone: +97126228367
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.idp.com
- Office Manager: Mrs Manisha Agarwal
- BCIE Services, 1811 Gold Crest Executive
- Cluster C, JLT
- Phone: +971 44 559388
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.bcie.co.uk/offices/united-arab-emirates-dubai
- No. 104 Century Plaza
- Building 1
- 1 Jumeirah
- PO Box 50085
- Phone: +971 (0) 43446814
- Email: email@example.com
- Office 1705, Mazaya Business Avenue – BB1,
- Jumeirah Lake Towers,
- P.O. Box 114423,
- Phone: +971 4 3686087 / +971 52 6213934
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.intelligentpartners.com/contact-us
- 208-B Al Nakheel Building
- Zabeel Road
- Phone: +971 4 3351390
- Email: email@example.com
Step2Uni (Knowledge Horizon)
- Jerry Johny, International Student Recruitment Manager
- ACICO Business Park, Office No. 704
- Behind Nissan Showroom
- Deira, P.O.Box 29114
- Phone: +971 4 2980994
- Mobile: +971 50 4884235
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.knowledgehorizon.com
Al Ghurair University (AGU):
Al Ghurair University in Dubai are a valued academic partner of Birmingham City University (BCU). AGU is one of the first private academic institutions to be licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the UAE. Founded by the prominent Al Ghurair Group, AGU is a community orientated university that enjoy strong links with local industry. Studying one of our programmes with AGU in Dubai will give a fully accredited BCU degree which is accredited and respected throughout the world.
If you are an Emirati student who would like to study for a both a UK and UAE degree in your home country, or similarly an international student who would like to study in the UAE then we offer Dual Masters degrees at Al Ghurair University. For more information, see below.
We also offer an articulation programme where you study 2-3 years in Dubai, followed by 1-3 years in the UK. These courses are available to both Emirati students and international students who wish to study in the UAE and in the UK. For included courses and more information please see the Articulation section below.
Dual Masters Degree:
AGU offer a variety of BCU degrees including Dual Masters degrees, where you receive a Masters from AGU and a Masters from BCU in one year. BCU courses offered at AGU also include additional SAP awards, courses include:
- MBA (AGU) + MSc in Enterprise System Management (BCU) + SAP TERP10 Certification
- MSc Engineering Management (AGU) + MSc in Enterprise System Management (BCU) + SAP TERP10 Certification
- MSc Information Technology Management (AGU) + MSc in Enterprise System Management (BCU) + SAP TERP10 Certification
AGU Undergraduate students also have the opportunity to study on an articulation basis, where part of your degree is studied in the UAE, followed by up to 3 years in the UK. This is available on the following AGU courses:
BSc in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (BSEEE):
- 2 Years at AGU + 2 Years at BCU (2+2): BSEEE students who are choosing this study plan will graduate from BCU with a BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering degree.
- 2 Years at AGU + 3 Years at BCU (2+3): BSEEE students who are choosing this study plan will graduate from BCU with a BEng/MEng Electronic Engineering degree
BSc in Computer Science and Engineering (BSCSE):
- 2 Years at AGU + 2 Years at BCU (2+2): BSCSE students who are choosing this study plan will graduate from BCU with a BSc (Hons) Computer Networks and Security degree.
- 3 Years at AGU + 1 Year at BCU (3+1): BSCSE students who are choosing this study plan will graduate from BCU with a BSc (Hons) Computer Science degree.
BSc in Computer Information Systems (BSCIS):
- 3 Years at AGU + 1 Year at BCU (3+1): BSCIS students who are choosing this study plan will graduate from BCU with a BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology degree.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA):
2 Years at AGU + 2 Years at BCU (2+2): BBA students who are choosing this study plan will graduate from BCU with one of their following chosen degrees:
- BA (Hons) Accountancy and Business
- BA (Hons) Business
- BA (Hons) Business and Economics
- BA (Hons) Business and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Marketing
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
- BA (Hons) Economics and Finance
For further information about our courses at AGU please contact:
Tel: +971 4 4200223
We are happy to consider students with a General Secondary Education Certificate Grade C/70% PLUS Higher College of Technology Diploma with minimum grade C+ / 2.3 / 70%
Higher qualifications may be considered for Stage 2 or Stage 3 undergraduate entry. Please contact the MENA Admissions team for further information.
We are happy to consider students with a Bachelor Degree from a recognised university with minimum grade B- / 2.6 / 65%.
Some postgraduate courses require a subject specific undergraduate degree to qualify for entry for example, Law, Computing, Social Sciences, Engineering, etc. Please check the website for this information.
International Foundation Programme
Birmingham City University International College (BCUIC) offer subject specific Foundation programmes to students after completion of General Secondary Education Certificate Examination with 60% and IELTS (or equivalent). Completion of a BCUIC Foundation course guarantees entry to your chosen degree. For a list of Undergraduate Foundation programmes and entry requirements please see: bcu.ac.uk/bcuic.
Arts, Design and Media (ADM)
All undergraduate courses in ADM require a good portfolio of artwork. Some postgraduate courses also require a portfolio, others require a proposal of studies while some courses require both a portfolio and a proposal of studies. Please check the course pages for specific requirements.
Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment (CEBE)
All undergraduate courses in the CEBE Faculty require a minimum of Mathematics at O Level. For some programmes Mathematics is required at AS or A Level at Grade C or the equivalent. Please check the course pages for specific requirements.
Business, Law and Social Sciences (BLSS)
All Business School undergraduate Year 1 courses require Mathematics minimum of Grade C at O Level or the equivalent.
Health, Education and Life Sciences (HELS)
Most courses offered by the HELS Faculty require qualifications in Maths, Sciences and/or related subjects. Please individual course pages for further information.
If you live in the Middle East and study an international qualification such as a Bachelors Degree, A Levels, IB or CBSE, you can see our international entry requirements here:
- British education system – Please see entry requirements section for your chosen course
- International Baccalaureate – Please see entry requirements section for your chosen course
- American education system
- French education system
- Indian education system
- Pakistani education system
English language requirements
We regularly visit the UAE to meet students, agents and our university partners. During our trips to the UAE we are always prepared to meet current, future and alumni students. All visits will be posted in this section of the website. If there are no visits listed you can contact Regional Partnerships Manager, Mark Pell to ask any questions or see when we’re next visiting the UAE.
Our next visit is: 30 September - Abu Dubai, UAE. Beach Rotana Hotel, 3pm - 9pm. IDP exhibition
Do you have a question?
Mr Robert Hurlbutt
International Regional Manager
Based at Birmingham City University’s City Centre Campus
Tel: +44 (0)121 331 6684