International Alumni Ambassador Scheme
Volunteering is an invaluable way to give back to Birmingham City University. Our alumni are one of our greatest assets and we would love to stay connected to you when you’re back home.
The International Alumni Ambassador scheme aims to support our international student recruitment efforts by encouraging promising and talented students to apply to study at Birmingham City University.
The successful candidates will be assigned an International Regional Manager, who will inform you of activities happening in your home country, you’ll have the opportunity select the events you have the time to commit to. In addition to recruitment activities, you’ll work with the Marketing Department with social media activity, webinars and updates on your time since graduation.
Duties are varied and may include:
- Attending education exhibition fairs with International Regional Managers & agents
- Attending alumni events with applicants to share your stories
- Presenting at schools about studying in Birmingham
- Hosting a pre-departure event before students leave for the UK
- Maintaining an international LinkedIn group
- Hosting a webinar about your time at BCU and what happened next
- Blogging and/or vlogging about your career path since graduating
- Buddy support with assigned International Regional Manager
- Full ambassador training
- Receive an ambassador pack full of goodies
- Develop your presentation and networking skills
- Add the job to your CV/LinkedIn profile
- After 12 months positive service you’ll receive an endorsement on LinkedIn
If you’re a student who is graduating this year from India, Malaysia, Nigeria or Taiwan, we would love to hear from you. Please reference the role description for further details and note below the important dates:
Deadline to apply: Midnight Sunday 21 May 2017
Interview: Friday 26 May 2017
Training day: Friday 9 June 2017
You can apply with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you’re the best person for the job to International Marketing Manager, Jemma Davies: firstname.lastname@example.org