UNIVERSITY NEWS LAST UPDATED : 11 JUNE
Students from Birmingham City University have completed another successful year at Graduate Fashion Week.
Following displays on and off the catwalk at the Truman Brewery, the university celebrates two winners, three runners up and a further four finalists who were all recognised for their outstanding work.
Hanah Lewin, a Fashion Design student, was presented with the Mothercare Childrenswear Award and £1000 cash prize at the Gala Award show, the Mothercare judges commended her graphic prints, catwalk demonstration and interview.
Hanah’s collection included distinctive check prints and was coloured by hand. Both the audience and the judges were won over by the smart casual range, and the child models wearing it on the runway.
Rebecca Howland, a Fashion Business and Promotion student, was recognised as ‘The Best of Graduate Fashion Week’. She was announced as the winner of the New Fashion Media Award and gifted with £750. Judges were so impressed by Rebecca’s portfolio on the Black Book and the relevance of her project to the very dynamic fashion industry.
Other Birmingham City University finalists and winners include:
- ASOS Future Talent Communications: Runner up: Isabella Davies, (Fashion Design)
- ASOS Future Talent Design: Runner up: Ioanna Economou, (Fashion Design), Finalist: Jasmine Buck, (Fashion Design).
- Drapers Fashion Publication Award: Runner up: Emma Cope, (Fashion Design)
- Superdry Outerwear Award: Finalist: Catherine Denniss, (Fashion Design)
- Tessuti Sportswear and Leisurewear Award: Finalist: Lucy Saltinsall, (Fashion Design)
To access exclusive photos from behind the scenes at Graduate Fashion Week and read more information on how students developed their projects visit the School of Fashion and Textiles Blog to see more.