BCU Loyalty Scholarships
Nationality: EU, UK
Type of award: University
Deadline for applying: Awarded automatically to eligible students
If you gained your degree at Birmingham City University and you’re considering a postgraduate course in 2017/18, you could be offered a loyalty scholarship of 20 per cent, subject to meeting certain criteria (see below).
What courses does the scholarship apply to?
Applicants applying to courses from one of the following schools may be eligible for this offer:
Faculty of Arts, Design and Media (ADM)
- Birmingham School of Art
- Birmingham School of Architecture and Design
- School of Fashion and Textiles
- School of Visual Communication
- School of Jewellery
- Birmingham School of Media
- School of English
- Birmingham School of Acting
- Birmingham Conservatoire
- NTI Birmingham
Faculty of Business, Law and Social Sciences (BLSS)
- Birmingham City Business School
- School of Law
- School of Social Sciences
Faculty of Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment (CEBE)
- School of Computing and Digital Technology
- Birmingham School of Engineering and the Built Environment
Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences (HELS)
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work
- School of Allied and Public Health Professionals
- School of Defence Healthcare Education
- School of Education
Am I eligible for this scholarship?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must fall into the following categories:
- You must have completed your undergraduate studies at Birmingham City University or obtained a PhD or MPhil at the University.
- You aren’t receiving any other type of Birmingham City University scholarship.
I am an international student who studied at the University. Am I eligible?
No, the BCU Loyalty Scholarship is not applicable to International students. However, a range of other scholarships are available for International applicants.
Are there any courses that are excluded from the loyalty scheme?
The following courses are excluded:
- ACCA Course (Full Time)
- MA Design Innovation Management*
- MSc Data Analytics and Management*
- MA Fashion Management*
- MA Global Education Management*
- MA Global Media Management*
- MSc Oil and Gas Management*
- MA Luxury Brand Management**
- MA Luxury Jewellery Management**
- PGCE and PCET
- Master’s in Teaching and Learning/Educational Leadership (MTL/MEL)
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses in Health
The scholarship only applies if you are taking a named award. If you are taking one or more modules for CPD purposes that do not lead to a named award you will not be eligible.
* Separate scholarships of £2,000 are available
** Separate scholarships of £3,000 are available
Could I have the scholarship in money form instead?
The scholarship will be awarded as a reduction in tuition fees only; no cash alternative will be available.
Can I receive more than one postgraduate scholarship?
You are eligible to apply for more than one scholarship but can only receive one.
How can I apply?
Loyalty Scholarships are awarded automatically to eligible students - there's no need to apply.
When will I get the discount if I am studying part-time?
The loyalty discount for Birmingham City University graduates undertaking postgraduate studies part-time will be applied on a pro-rata basis at the start of each year of the course.