The School of Digital Media Technology has a reputation as a centre of excellence in television and interactive media, as part of the University’s Skillset Media Academy, the only one in the West Midlands.
Our lecturers include highly experienced practitioners across the disciplines of digital media technology and we benefit from a close partnership with industry which led to the launch of Creative Networks, now the leading monthly networking forum for creative companies in the West Midlands.
- 76 per cent of those surveyed went into either employment and/or further study within six months of graduation.*
- Of those, 52 per cent were in a graduate level job.*
- The average salary for a graduate who went into full-time paid employment was £14,900.*
- The highest salary was £24,000.*
- Our graduates have entered a variety of professional roles including sound engineers and web designers.
- Employers who have hired our graduates include IBM, Apple, Freemantle Media, Universal Music, Sky TV, the BBC and EMI Music.
*Source: Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2009/10 – which surveyed students six months after graduation.
Take a look at our student profiles for more information on our graduate destinations.