Former students and staff - join our Alumni Association for free and stay in touch.
Former member of staff?
Register as a former student
We will use your data to deliver a range of alumni activities, including sending you regular communications, telling you about events, promoting opportunities, benefits and services that may be of interest to alumni, fundraising and requests to complete relevant surveys. We may share your data with other departments and faculties within Birmingham City University. We will not share your data with another organisations except where an organisation is acting on our behalf to deliver alumni activities or where we have a statutory duty, for example to complete the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) Survey or to provide statistical data to the Higher Education Statistics Agency. We track emails we send to alumni, including views, opens and clicks, to enable us to improve our email communications.
These are examples of activities that we might use your data for:
- Sending you a magazine from the University by post or email
- Telling you about University events, alumni events and reunions
- Giving you information about opportunities that we think may be of interest to you including job vacancies, mentoring, auditions, Alumni of the Year, volunteering and competitions
- Contacting you about opportunities to give donations to support our work
- Sending you communications from your school or faculty
- Giving you information about further study opportunities, including postgraduate fee discounts and scholarship
- Asking you to complete relevant surveys
If you would not like your data used for any of the above purposes, please contact Birmingham City University Alumni Association, University House, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham, B5 5JU or email@example.com.
If you would like to view copies of data held by the University in relation to you or would like further information about how your data is handled, please contact the Information Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)121 331 5288.