Welcome to the Alumni Association
Birmingham City University Alumni Association is here to keep you connected to the University after you leave us. Membership of the Alumni Association is free and open to all former students and staff of the University and its predecessor institutions.
To join the Alumni Association complete the online registration form and let us know what has been happening in your life since leaving the University.
Have you recently graduated? Have you seen our Graduation Ceremonies website?
About the Alumni Association
The Alumni Association was established in 2004 and we now have over 49,000 members worldwide, with more joining every day. We are here to support you and other former students and staff by celebrating your achievements and keeping you connected to the University, its students and your fellow alumni.
Your relationship with Birmingham City University does not end when you leave us. We love to hear from you, so please do stay in touch.
Membership benefits include:
Join the Alumni Association - so that you can get all of the benefits of being a Birmingham City University alumnus/alumna.
Previous Names and Predecessor Institutions
This is a list of the former names of the University and some of the institutions that – over the years – have merged into the University:
- University of Central England in Birmingham
- Birmingham Polytechnic
- Birmingham College of Art
- Birmingham School of Music (now Birmingham Conservatoire)
- Birmingham College of Commerce
- South Birmingham Technical College
- North Birmingham Technical College
- Anstey College of Physical Education
- Bordesley College of Education
- City of Birmingham College of Education
- Bournville College of Art
- Birmingham and Solihull College of Nursing and Midwifery
- West Midlands School of Radiography
- Defence School of Health Care Studies
- Birmingham School of Acting.
For more information, visit our pages about the University’s history.