Art and Design
There are 83 courses in Art and Design covering subjects such as...
- Architecture / Landscape Architecture
- Art / Digital Arts
- Jewellery / Silversmithing
- Fashion / Fashion Retail
- Illustration / Animation
- Graphic Design / Visual Communication
- Product / Interior Design
- Design management
- Curatorial Practice
- Queer Studies
- Built Environment
- Computing and Maths
There are 58 courses in Media and Communication covering subjects such as...
- Media and Communication
- Journalism (Broadcast / Online / International)
- Public Relations
- Radio / Audio / Music
- TV / Screen Media
- Film Production / Technology / Special Effects
- Games / Games Technology
- Web / New Media / Social MediaMultimedia Technology
- Cultural Policy
- Events and Exhibition Management
Music and Theatre
There are 39 courses in Music and Theatre covering subjects such as...
- Applied Theatre
- Dramatic Text
- Stage Management
- Theatre, Performance and Event Design
- Voice Practice
- Instrumental / Vocal Performance
- Popular Music
- Music Technology / Sound Engineering
- Music Industries / Music Business
A new collaborative approach to postgraduate study starting 2014
Are you interested in business but with a desire to work in a specific type of industry? If so, our new suite of postgraduate Master's programmes may be just what you are looking for.
Offering a blend of specific subject knowledge with management know-how each of our programmes will provide you with a truly multi-disciplinary experience.
The courses available from 2014 are:
- MA Arts and Project Management
- MA Design Innovation Management
- MSc Data Analytics and Management
- MA Fashion Management
- MA Fashion Media Management
- MA Fashion Retail Management
- MA Global Education Management
- MA Global Media Management
- MA Global Media Management (The News Business)
- MA Global Media Management (Advertising Industry)
- MA Global Media Management (The Music Business)
- MSc Oil and Gas Management
- MA Luxury Brand Management
- MA Luxury Jewellery Management
- MA Luxury Product Management
- MA Textile Management
- Become an effective manager in your specialism, through the business and management subjects of your programme.
- Improve your knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of management that are appropriate and portable to all management roles, irrespective of the industry.
- Learn from academics with exceptional real world knowledge and experience to really bring the subject areas to life.
- Develop your knowledge, skills and insights into your chosen sector, and increase your employability and career prospects.
- Stand out from the crowd with an established qualification, business acumen and behaviours, and a skill set in two subjects that are highly sought after by employers.
Why choose us?
We enjoy superb links with industry and our graduates are among the most employable around – with the Sunday Times University Guide 2013 ranking us in the top 30 institutions in the UK for placing students in graduate-level jobs.
Students are at the heart of everything we do – our Student Academic Partners scheme teams up students and staff to find ways to make our teaching even better and has won a Times Higher Education Award for ‘Outstanding Student Support’.
Learning your way
We are committed to offering courses at levels and modes of study to suit everyone. As well as an excellent selection of full-time courses, there’s a range of part-time options, including evening and day release, leading to the same qualifications.
Our postgraduate courses allow you to build on existing knowledge or branch off in a new direction. We offer a broad range of specialist postgraduate courses and professional development programmes – from industry-accredited training to academic qualifications up to Master’s level.
The selection process
We want to make sure that you choose the right course for you, so we carefully consider your application to ensure your knowledge, experience and aspirations are suited for your chosen course.
For many courses we will also ask to see a portfolio, or call you for an interview or audition, which will provide you with a further opportunity for us to judge your suitability for the course, and for you to ensure the course is right for you.
Our prospectus offers information on all of our undergraduate courses, as well as providing a way to get a feel for the wider University, our teaching and facilities, and our fabulous home city.
You can order a hard copy or create your own PDF version, choosing only the courses you are interested in.
Create your personalised prospectus
You can create your own PDF prospectus with unlimited courses – and select only the information you want to know about the University – by following three simple steps.
How it works
Save the courses you’re interested in
To add a course, click the 'Save this course" button.
You can find the button on your course search results or from any course page.
View your saved courses at any time
Click on your 'saved courses' at any time to create your personalised prospectus (or to permanently save your courses without making a prospectus).
Build your personal prospectus
Click 'Create prospectus' and download your PDF.
We'll also keep you updated with the latest news from around the University.
Order a printed copy of our Prospectus
Remember to continue visiting these pages throughout the year for the very latest on course content, entry requirements – and even new courses.
How do you save a course?
It's simple, just look for the 'save this course' buttons when viewing course search results, listings or details.
What can you do with saved courses?
Saving courses allow you to compare them, it also allows you to create a permanent list of 'favourites' that will always be there when you visit our site.
Build your own personal prospectus!
You can also build your own customised prospectus using the courses you have saved.