With around 23,500 students from 80 different countries, Birmingham City University is one of the largest universities in the UK and our popularity has grown significantly in recent years.
Our six academic faculties offer over 350 courses, from foundation level, through undergraduate degree programmes, to taught Master’s courses and research doctorates. About a third of our students study part-time, combining employment with our professionally relevant courses, improving their career prospects.
Situated in Birmingham, the UK’s second city, we're proud of our strong links and close collaboration with the region. We put more than £270 million into the regional economy and support thousands of jobs in the city and surrounding area.
Read our mission statement >>
Campuses and Maps
- Get directions and useful information about all our campuses, including our new City Centre Campus extension
- Go to Campuses and Maps >>
- Our six faculties cover a range of subjects and specialisms - find out more on our faculty websites
- Go to Our Faculties >>
- Our history in Birmingham can be traced back to 1843 - read the full story here
- Go to Our History >>
- We've won many awards over the years - here are some recent highlights
- Go to Awards >>
- If you need to get in touch, you'll find telephone and email details for many departments here
- Go to Contact Us >>