Register for our Postgraduate Open Day

Wed 26 April 2017, 3 - 8pm



If you live further than 10 miles from your place of study and have accepted an offer on a full-time course at Birmingham City University, you are guaranteed a room in our halls of residence during your first year of study, provided you have applied to study here by the deadline.

Local Students

Local students, are defined as students who live within a 10 mile radius from their place of study, can apply for accommodation using the on-line process.  Local Students will be  allocated a room at City North Student Village (Oscott Gardens Halls of Residence).


If you apply through Clearing or choose Birmingham City University as your insurance choice you are not guaranteed a place but we will endeavour to offer you accommodation for your first year of study. Our decision depends upon the location of your permanent home in relation to Birmingham and applications are dealt with on a first come, first served basis. If you live in Birmingham, you will be made an offer of accommodation subject to availability.

When you apply to us, please quote your University application number (student ID), which is given to you in the heading of your offer email. That number will not be recognised by the accommodation application system until you have first accepted your offer in UCAS Track, and then waited for between 24 and 48 hours while our systems update from UCAS. Once you have accepted your offer in UCAS Track, please keep trying to complete the application form until your student number is recognised.

If we are unable to offer you University accommodation, we will help you find alternative accommodation in the private sector. You can also search for accommodation through our list of private sector properties.

How to apply

When you have firmly accepted a course offer at Birmingham City University, you can apply for accommodation. This should be done as early as possible after accepting your offer.

You can apply via our online accommodation application form.

If you need to contact Accommodation Services about your application, please use your University application number (Student ID) as reference.

The allocation of rooms begins at the beginning of April for these students who already have accepted an unconditional course offer. When you have been allocated a room, you will receive an email informing you of the room you have been offered and you must follow the instructions in that email to accept the room offered.

All offers for Jennens Court, Curzon Gateway, The Heights and Belgrave View campus living villages will be sent by email with a deadline by which you must respond to the respective site provider.

If you will be studying on a 12-month course with the following Birmingham City University schools starting September 2017, and require accommodation for the duration of the course, we advise you to select a 51-week tenancy:

  • School of Art
  • School of Architecture and Design
  • School of Fashion and Textiles
  • School of Jewellery
  • School of Visual Communication
  • School of Computing and Digital Technology
  • School of English
  • School of Engineering and the Built Environment
  • Birmingham Conservatoire
  • Birmingham School of Media
  • Birmingham School of Acting
  • New Technology Institute (NTI)

International students should go to the international pages to see how accommodation is allocated and for help and advice on applying for University accommodation.