NHS Funded Courses

The way some healthcare courses are funded changed on 1 August 2017. If you're starting a nursing, midwifery or allied health professional (AHP) course on after 1 August 2017, you'll need to apply to the Students Loans Company for your tuition fees and maintenance loan, as you are no longer entitled to an NHS bursary.

If you have already received funding for a degree, but would like to study a second degree in nursing, midwifery or the allied health professions between 1st August 2017 and 31st July 2018 then you will be able to access student loans for this. Find out more 

Learning Support Fund

You may be able to apply for elements of the Learning Support Fund from 1 November 2017 if:

  • You are studying a pre-registration healthcare course
  • Are studying in England and
  • Your course started on or after 1 August 2017.

Child Dependants Allowance - A grant of £1,000 for eligible students who have parental responsibility for a dependent child.

Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses - Reimburse some of the additional cost of attending a practice placement as part of your course.

Exceptional Support Fund - Financial support up to £3,000 is available for eligible healthcare students who find themselves in sever financial hardship during their studies.

You can find more information about these changes, including eligibility by visiting the NHS website below:

NHS student services

Student FinanceNHS finance

If you have any further questions please contact the student finance team on:

Students enrolled before 1 August 2017

If you enrolled onto a course before 1 August 2017 and have any queries about your loan or bursary, please visit the school office.